Monday, December 04, 2006

Pain(t)ful Days

I'm baack...Have not been updating my blog for quite sometime now. Have been busy with my latest venture...hehee..Its oil painting week for me. Last week S and I went to Malacca for photography. Got some pics to share but that will come later la. Anyway, why oil painting? I dunno...went to Jonkers Street to get some paintings but my god, they are nothing less than RM500 a pop. I know..I know..you pay for the art..So, I thought, why not do my own painting? So what if it doesn't look it's worth hanging on the wall (except mine)...at least I painted it myself..So, I went to the art shop, got some stuff and started the pain(t)ful journey to complete these pics. I said it's painful because I had no idea how tedious it could be..but its good therapy for me too. I get to destress myself. So, here goes but be warned, I am no pro, just someone dabbling with colours.. .By the way, art sifus..you are welcome to comment.
"Follow The Leader" or S calls it "Jenglots" (so bad...!). My first attempt.
"Self Portrait" brush strokes using fat paint.
"Road to Nowhere" using the paint knife technique. The pic came from a book somewhere..
"Arif" brush strokes using lean paint.

7 comments:

sitynuress said...

ehhehe.. nice attempts!!! like the jenglots painting.. lebih kepada berudu laaa ... ehhe berudu mengawan hahaha sebab tu ada 2 ekor ehheheh :P

cheesecake said...

Tu la...nak mengawan pun musim hujan je...

Jangteh said...

Hi Lit, pretty good your paintings. I must come over and see with my own eyes. I don't beleive they're your first attempt. You have had practices. Your self-protrait protrays your inner self? Looks like wide-eyed innocence but I don't think you're quite innocent though.

The latest pics are good too, I can't comment intelligently but I liked what I saw, the pics sort of touched me.

Looking forward to more from you.

Salam,
Yop

cheesecake said...

What do u mean u dont think i am not innocent ha.. eheh

Wautz said...

Dear Cheesecake,
good try! for a first attempt..well you really have the courage. Congrat.
My only comment is your choice of medium. Oil can be very messy and smelly. You need turpentine as yr yr liquidator, to clean yr brush etc etc.. a lot of work. Leceh laah.. and it takes months for the painting to dry.

Personally i would suggest acrylic instead. Effect and final output is the same; you only need water to do all yr stuff. No smell. Brush rendam aje with water lepas pakai.. easy.
In terms of texture, acrylic medium is used widely by artist to create heavy texture painting..

But..hey..
carry on.. mana tau..you'll become famous one day..i can tumpang your exhibition..heheh

happy2gether said...

waaaa... oil painting? not bad la sista'...i also like the 'jenglot' one..ehhehe....cam baby pun ada...don't give up...rasanya ada bakat terpendam tu...for yr first attempt mmg x bad...

sitynuress said...

mana gambo laie.. copek la update boss weiii :P