Wednesday, July 11, 2007

THIS IS IT!!!

Today is a meaningful day for me. After weeks of toiling and sweating to complete a painting, today is THE DAY! Yup, my sis just called me to say that the launch ceremony for SKALI Lagi book has just concluded at PWTC and my painting (my painting! macam tak percaya) has been presented to our DPM YAB Dato' Sri Najib Tun Razak. Lega rasanya...To tell the truth I was a nervous wreck for the whole week because of this. Don't know why... And one more good news! I presented 2 paintings for this purpose and they chose one. The other one, is going to someone's office or home! Yeay! I managed to sell both!

Satu je terkilan sikit. I didn't get the opportunity to take a proper picture of it. I was working on it till the 11th hour, quickly framed it and sent it over. I am hoping that I can get a picture of the event with our DPM receiving the painting. If I do get one, surely I will post it in my blog.

Skali Lagi book - by T.F.R ( A good read. Light but inspirational)
p/s someone should give me commission for promoting this book here...hehehe)

Ciao ! ; )

4 comments:

happy2gether said...

Wow! I'm happy for you...Congrats n keep up d good work!!!

Anonymous said...

dear cheesecake,
congratulation girl! u deserve it.
tapi terkilan laa tk dpt tgk both yr painting tu. No chance of sharing it here? btw.. dont stop.. keep up with the stamina...
mana tau kalau u buat exhibition..i boleh tumpang sekaki heheh..
so happy for u girl!

wautz

cheesecake said...

Thanks guys! Photos of WIP adala but tak clear pun coz i took the pics with my phone. Hopefully I will get the launch pics. U know what, I was told the emcee actually gave a brief summary about what the painting is all about. Maybe for those not "familiar" with interpreting abstract...hehehe...

sitynuress said...

caya la!!!!
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee u did well!!
tak yah risau risau ok :)
cheers kakak comel!!!