Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mieng Kam Time!!!

We did this makan2 thing few moons ago but I never get to upload it to my blog (much to the chagrin of the Mieng Kam Feast participants!) heheheh...thousand apologies. I couldn't find the recipe to be uploaded together with this post but I'm sure if you googled it you will find it. To those not acquainted to Mieng Kam, it is a type of Siamese delicacy normally served as appetiser. We wrap peanuts, ginger slices, coconut bits, lime slices, onion slices, cili padi and udang kering with a daun kaduk (looks like sireh but tastes better). Oh! Don't forget the special Mieng Kam sauce too. It looks funny but tastes yummy! Try it.

Back to our Mieng Kam project, we all chipped in in preparing the ingredients. Zaina prepared the coconut (which I grated for her in the end due to her inefficiency with the grater!), Sity brought the onions,udang kering and lime, Mimi brought the cili padi and she actually cut it in the pantry (tears and all!), Darlene brought the daun kaduk that grows abundantly in her backyard and I, I prepared the sauce (tough job but hey! next time, I will pass this task to Zaina!)

It was loads of fun and here are some pics to be shared...


Me and Zaina preparing the sauce and grated coconut at the back kitchen



Mimi slicing the cili padi in the office pantry



The Mieng Kam Dish



The girls...

and the boys.

4 comments:

happy2gether said...

Kak Elita, I penah rasa nie...my xhsemate dulu penah buat, lg pedas lg sedap...emm yummy...

sitynuress said...

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh akhirnyaaa!!!! eheheh buat la lagi!!! i want more!!!!

cheesecake said...

Nak buat lagi boleh...tapi risk sakit perut la kalau kak zaina buat sauce nya!! Hahahaah!!!!!!!

sitynuress said...

slamba kutuk kak zaina lam blog ek ... ahhahahahah.....